We’re seeking someone engaging and inspiring who can provide outstanding support to 4MATION Peace Fellows & campaign members.
Hours: Part Time
Contract: 12 Months
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 (pro-rata - dependent on experience)
More about the 4MATION Campaign
We support young people to design, deliver and lead social action projects to build peace and drive change. 4MATION is a youth-led campaign creating solutions and demanding policymakers take urgent action to address violence in the UK.
We are currently building the infrastructure of the campaign by establishing the 4MATION Peace Fellowship. This programme will build the capacity of a core group of young activists and centralise the role of peer emotional support for leaders with lived experience engaging in activism.
The Activism Support Coordinator will be involved in designing and delivering the Manchester programme.
This role will entail:
• Providing intensive 1:1 mentoring support to 4MATION Peace Fellows
• Delivering and coordinating social action workshops and events for campaigners
• Providing support to enable young campaigners to achieve Arts Award accreditation
• Coordinating a Legal Clinic
• Coordinating a Bereavement Support Group
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 13TH DECEMBER 2019 AT 5.00PM
We would like this position to start as soon as possible.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so we encourage early applications.
To apply for this position, either:
Send a comprehensive and relevant CV, with a supporting statement addressing
the person specification and answering the questions below (no longer than 250
words for each question).
Send a comprehensive and relevant CV, with a video of you addressing the person
specification and answering the questions below (no longer than 5 minutes).
1) What are the impacts of serious youth violence on young people and how can
they be supported to overcome these challenges?
2) What is a social justice issue that makes you angry and why does it matter to you?
3) What do you believe makes a campaign successful?
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against candidates who may have previous convictions. We will also make reasonable adjustments for employees that may have access requirements.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Please ensure you quote the job reference number in the subject line of your email. If, after reading the application pack, you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.